Saturday 18 February 2012

What a Shocker!

Geez! it's been a month since my last post and i haven't introduced you to any of my fabulous (in my opinion) cooking!

So here is one of my most recent projects...

I was asked to bake an engagement cake for some good friends... They wanted bright and funky! and here is the result... I learnt a bit from this cake ;)

The cake was just your basic butter cake, with cream and jam filling... the icing is buttercream icing (you'd better like butter if you plan on eating this cake!

I used a #104 tip that I purchased last minute from the fabulous Vanessa at Sugar Rush who is probably one of the most friendly and helpful people i have dealt with in retail in a while! considering i spent a whole $3.95 she was super helpful by answering my questions. The #104 tip pretty much enabled me to do this

The cake was a hit (thank god! I was sooooo bloody nervous!)

And just quickly, here is a pic of my recent birthday cake (that yes, i had to bake myself!)
 It was a triple deck mud cake... white choc mud, caramel mud, and chocolate mud... sickly sweet, but gosh it tasted good! I was a mud cake cook virgin, so from this i learnt, home made mud cake tastes best on day 2/3 (i made it at 9pm-1am Friday and it tasted awesome on Sunday!)

Anyhow, that's it from me this week!

Coming up next week.... my home made peppersteak pie, which the recipe appears to be popular from the east coast to the west coast!

And remember any thing you'd like to see me attempt, just comment below! In April i will be (hopefully) doing a rapunzel/tangled cake, and in March Bee Two is turning one with a cookie monster theme party! Lots of action coming up in the No Mofo's kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment